Over One Hundred Ideas for Sayings on Your Christmas Signs
Holiday decorations can be more than just colors and glitter. Over the last few years, the novelty of turning a statement or joke into a display of some sort has grown in popularity. No longer is decor quiet, it can now speak.
For those looking for inspiration in creating crafts, little signs and letter boards have been very popular over these many years now. But what to say? Finding just the right words can be overwhelming at times but fear not, we are her for you.
Simple Holiday Statements for this Winter
Sometimes the basics can be the perfect examples. Direct and to the point, these are classics and never go out of style.
- Merry Christmas
- Yuletide Greetings
- Happy Holidays
- Winter Wonderland
- Feliz Navidad
- Seasons Greetings
- Joyful, Merry & Blessed
- Good Tidings
- Comfort & Joy
Here are some additional basic sayings, just a little longer in length.
- Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
- Our First Christmas as Mr & Mrs
- I do Believe in Santa Claus
- Have a Cup of Christmas Cheer
- … Days ’til Christmas
- Peace on Earth
- Believe in the Magic of Christmas
- Eat, Drink and be Merry
Sometimes it is nice to have a reminder of what Christmas is all about. The commercialization of the holiday sometimes separates us form the true meaning. To celebrate the birth of our Savior.
- Jesus is the Reason for the Season
- For Unto Us a Child is Born
- Immanuel (or) Emmanuel
Inspirations from well known songs and movies
We never know if the songs came first or were inspired by holiday sayings, but they always invoke some emotion when seen. Far too many to list, either the titles or snippets of verses are always easily recognizable.
- Dreaming of a White Christmas
- FA LA LA LA LA la la la la
- t’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
- Merry & Bright
- Joy to the World
- ’tis the Season
- Oh Come Let Us Adore Him
- There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays
- Jingle all the Way
- It’s Time for Mistletoe and Holly
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- Let it Snow
- Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- Oh Holy Night
- All is Calm, All is Bright
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town
- Meet Me Under the Mistletoe
- Deck the Halls
- Let Your Heart be Light
- Have a Holly Jolly Christmas
- Santa’s on His Way
Then there are those that are inspired from movies.
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out Kid!
- Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
- The Best Way To Spread Christmas Cheer is Singing Loud for All to Hear
- Merry Christmas, You Filthy Animal
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus
Funny Sayings for your Christmas signs
Here are some examples of humorous little kitchy phrases to accompany your holiday decor. Sure to get a smirk.
- Dear Santa, Before I Explain, How Much Do You Already Know?
- Naughty or Nice
- ’tis the Season to Shop
- It’s Christmas y’all
- The Elf did it
- When You Stop Believing in Santa, You Start Receiving Socks
- In a World Full of Grinches, Be a Griswold
- Dear Santa, I’ve Been Good All Year. OK, Most of the Time. Once in A While. Forget it, I’ll Buy My Own Stuff.
- From the Windows to the Wall, I’m About to Deck These Halls
- Dear Santa, Leave Puppy. Take Sister.
- Be Jolly or Leave
- This is as Jolly as I get
- Official Cookie Taster
- This Year I’m Giving My Opinion, Instead of Presents
- I’m Only a Morning Person on Christmas
- Let it Snow – Somewhere Else
- But First, Presents
- Christmas Calories Don’t Count
- Gangsta Wrapper
- When What To My Wondering Eyes Should Appear, But Ten Extra Pounds on These Thighs and My Rear
- The Tree isn’t the Only Thing Getting Lit For The Holidays
- Up To Snow Good
- Don’t Get Your Tinsel in a Tangle
- No Matter How Old You Get, An Empty Wrapping Paper Tube is still Fun to BONK someone on the head with
- Don’t Be a Grinch
- I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas, But if the White Runs Out, I’ll Drink the Red
- It’s All Fun and Games ’til Santa Checks The Naughty List
- Dear Santa, Define “GOOD”
- Bah! Humbug
- You Can’t Have a Family Christmas Without a Few Fruitcakes
Puns are the oldest form of humor and the Holiday Season is Full of them.
- There’s Snow Place Like Home
- Hanging With My Gnomies
- Dashing Through Merlot
- Baking Christmas Memories
- Tis the Season to be Freezin’
- Oh Deer, Christmas is Here
Some old fashioned favorites
Invoking some of the nostalgic memories of Childhood can help to define some of the decor both inside and outside of your home.
- Letters To Santa
- Fresh Cut Christmas Trees
- North Pole
- Sleigh Rides
- May You Never be too Grown Up to Search The Skies on Christmas Eve
- Drink Hot Cocoa
- Build a Snowman
- Sit by the Fire
- Snowball Fight
- Candy Cane Lane
- Reindeer Crossing
- Hot Chocolate Station
- This Girl Loves Christmas
Here are some very Santa examples.
- Ho Ho Ho
- Santa’s Workshop
- Enjoy Your Snack Santa
- Cookies for Santa
Mix and Match Fonts and sizes as well as colors and you will be amazed at the statment a few words can make.